I usually just paint my nails one bright colour. However, I saw this somewhere (facebook I think) and decided to give it a go. It took several trys and the first few attempts weren’t that neat but in the end it worked out pretty well, and it recieved nice comments from the hairdresser and the girls in New Look.
You will need:
- pale nail varnish
- ready-cut newspapers strips
- nail varnish remover/a perfume with an alcohol content/vodka/gin
- cotton wool pads
- clear top coat of nail varnish
- Firstly, prepare your nails as usual and apply one or two layers of base colour
- Wait for it to dry fully
- Place a little alcohol substance on a cotton wool pad
- Carefully place a newspaper strip face down on your nail and cover with the cotton wool pad
- Press down firmly for 5-10 seconds, but no longer otherwise it will start removing your nail varnish
- Gently remove and repeat for your other nails
- Apply a clear top coat to hold the print in place
Note: Don’t use too much alcohol substance.
This also works better with smaller print and on longer nails, so if you bite your nails – stop! 🙂